17" Wheels and Tires

Skidmark

Scooter
Jhtjon asked "Do I want dimpled or non dimpled rims. And is there an advantage?"

I installed an Excel rim on my Thruxton (already 17") and if I had used a dimpled rim I could have reused my spokes but as I had an undimpled rim I needed new longer spokes. Didn't know this when I ordered.

YMMV

Skiddy

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
I am exploring a second possibility.

CBR600 F3 Wheels and forks ala: Bottle Fed.

Any thoughts?

Was this punctuated well enough Sweat?

I am exploring a second possibility.

CBR600 F3 Wheels and forks ala: Bottle Fed.

Any thoughts?

Was this punctuated well enough Sweat?

That looks good!

From what I understand the cbr front end will slide right up into the bonnie trees; forks, wheel (flipped around backwards), and all. According to Greg aka Bottle_Fed, the rear only requires flipping the wheel backwards and playing with the existing spacers.

I would like the 09 Bonnie wheels on my 05. Is that doable? Or should I just get some aftermarket wheels?

From what I've read the new bonnie mag wheels will NOT bolt on without swapping front forks, speedo drives, and maybe more. Once you pay for all those parts from Triumph you could probably buy a really nice used bike! At that point you'd be better off buying some aftermarket wheels or doing like I did and buying used parts and making them work. That, or sell your bike and buy a new one with the wheels you want.