Who's mounted Cocktail shakers?

becket

Two Stroke
Did a search and didn't find much on them; but they look great on vintage triumphs. Anybody tried em' on a new Bonnie, and if so, details? Thanks

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
Did a search and didn't find much on them; but they look great on vintage triumphs. Anybody tried em' on a new Bonnie, and if so, details? Thanks

I didnt know what the F you were talking about. Googled it and found this .
SL270316.jpg

Bad to the bone. I would like to see them on a Bonnie.

Nick Morey

Rocker
they were popular in the 70's. I just saw them on a New Bonnie here somewhere but, can't remember where. No reason you shouldn't be able to put them on. Would just need proper carb mods.

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
I saw them on a new Thruxton 2010. They looked great but were a little loud for my taste.

Shorty

Two Stroke
I had a set on a Honda CB 350 in the early 70's. They were pretty loud...the baffle which was basically an insert with a bunch of holes drilled like a strainer, could be slid a couple of inches in or out of the pipe on that flat section that you see before the flare to modify the sound and back pressure. The tightening bolt for them is on the backside of the muffler.They could also be totally removed for straight pipes.
I currently have Emgo (Sprint) pipes and I would say that they sound very similar from what I remember.

Shorty

Last edited:

becket

Two Stroke
Cool, I always thought they really set the Triumphs off, like a signature pipe nobody else had anything really close to back when (except some Honda 350 riders with a flair for mods....er, um, I mean Rockers?) . For $150 a set they may be worth checking out as soon as someone takes this t100 cash out of my burning pocket; just leave me a little for the pipes ;)

nohawk

Rocker
Yeah I got some on my bike now, they are extremely loud but I didnt know you could "tune" the sound by sliding the baffle around. Ill try it once I get this thing back together properly. Getting parts from bikebandit is SLOW:yawn:
utf-8BSU1HMDA1MzkuanBn.jpg
[/IMG]

Shorty

Two Stroke
Assuming they are similar to the ones I had in the 70's, sliding the baffles all the way forward into the muffler increased the sound level and decreased the back pressure because of increased exhaust flow . As the baffles were moved towards the rear, the majority of the baffle holes were restricted by the straight portion of the pipe, mellowing the sound somewhat and increasing the back pressure in the process.

Shorty

Last edited:

becket

Two Stroke
Thats different, kinda wild look; the ones I saw were on regular straight bonneville/tiger pipes; first I have seen of them upswept like that. Bet the person standing behind the bike could dry their hands and blow-dry their hair at the same time! I know you would get noticed on Sunday morning hammering it out of the driveway; Lousy neighbor + loud shakers'= how ya' like me now, d**k-weed?