What the feck happened to the Scrambler colors?!?

DavidC

Rocker
I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about taking my tank to a guy who does vehicle wraps and having the bottom of my red/white tank wrapped in black. Not permanent or damaging in any way, but a way to change it up.

What's a "wrap"? Something new? [By the way, your signature - really like that Clapton song.]

gcrider

Street Tracker
I'm not sure if my idea would work, I need to talk to a vehicle graphics guy. The "wrap" I'm referring to is the vinyl that companies use to wrap a vehicle in to put advertising on it. The stuff is designed to go over compound curves, and comes off without damage (I think). I want to have the red part of my tank covered in black vinyl to change it to a white/black 2 tone.

Hiltz

Scooter
Any cool Ekins Brothers stories?

I was around there in 1965. I think Bud and Dave were off racing most of the time. I probably missed the heyday of the shop by 3 or 4 years. Never saw McQueen there but I did see Keenan Wynn a few times. I did get the classic instruction in the back alley when I bought my Honda Super 90. "One down, three up kid, have fun.

Malibu

Banned
the last couple I saw for sale on a showroom floor were Orange/Silver and Neon Green/Silver. One of the main reason I walked away from a Scrambler was the red/blue over white paint jobs. I wanted a solid color.

Blue/White can't be beat. Solid scheme? for a Triumph? I think not.

Malibu

Banned
What's a "wrap"? Something new? [By the way, your signature - really like that Clapton song.]

These are what he's talking about.

Attachments

• Vollverklebung,Beispiel(9).jpg
    Vollverklebung,Beispiel(9).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Vollverklebung,Beispiel(8).jpg
    Vollverklebung,Beispiel(8).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
Blue/White can't be beat. Solid scheme? for a Triumph? I think not.

That's personal preference sir ... btw, I happen to own a couple solid scheme Triumphs so I guess some people 'think so.'

P.S. businesses are not allowed to advertise for free here as the rules clearly state .. without contacting the site owner (that be me).

Malibu

Banned
I wasn't advertising. I couldn't possibly make a profit from wrapping a motorcycle, but by all means. Do what you like.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
These are what he's talking about.

Inquiring minds want to know.. how do you do that?.. I've seen clear film applied over the front of a car to protect the finish, but certainly nothing like that. I assume that's the same process that I seen on buses and some company vehicles.

Not asking for company / trade secrets, just a primer on how that's done (I sorta like the carbon Cayman).