Bonnie front fender/ped slicer

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Yea, it is. I'm wondering if I could get a ped slicer onto the plastic thrux fender though. I think it just needs one. . .one with something crafty or clever on it

draggin

Scooter
I got my slicer finished last night, was not easy making it fit!
DSC05775.JPG

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Sue sue. . . we're lost. How did it attach to the plastic thrux fender though?

:huh: pictures?

Moses once its actually warmer and the weather man is more reliable we gotta meet up and go for a ride!

draggin

Scooter
That clean ! Where did you find that setup ?

I had to buy the old style one, then re-engineer it to work with the modern fender, others have used big thick gaskets, but i wanted it to fit like it was made for it.

DSC05775.jpg
DSC05772.jpg

Last edited:

MOSES

750cc
The slicer I have came from steadfast cycles on fleabay non painted
you have to drill all your own holes but easy to modify. You can see the
mounts
a4_1_b.JPG

This ones cool too, just saw it.. wont fit on a thrux though
Its close to draggin's
3b6e_1.JPG

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Hey Moses, that first one can fit a thrux? Hmmm how much did it run you? I think I may have a project for my next day off!

draggin

Scooter
This ones cool too, just saw it.. wont fit on a thrux though
Its close to draggin's
3b6e_1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Actually that is the exact one that I bought, so if you look at how thin the front is, you can see how much material I added, maybe i need to post some of the pics i took when i modified it? If you want the one without the cast surround, you can buy one all coated, and notched and ready to bolt on from Bellacorse

DSC05772.jpg

Last edited:

MOSES

750cc
Hey Moses, that first one can fit a thrux? Hmmm how much did it run you? I think I may have a project for my next day off!

35 bucks ! the plastic fenders are easy to drill through with a standard drill bit. Just be sure and mark 3 times and drill once.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
schweeet. . .want to send me a link to that one moses?
Knock out 865 draggin ha ha ha ha

Last edited:

draggin

Scooter
How I Done It:

First use a bodyman's contour finder to get the fender curve and brace location correct.....
DSC05763.jpg

Then transfer the curve to some cardboard template material.....
DSC05765.jpg

Then transfer the curve from the template to the slicer, note that if you follow the curve, the front and back of the alloy peice are out in the air. The vintage fenders had a much larger radius. So you can either raise the line up, and machine the alloy part thinner, or add to it so that it matches the curve. Since i didnt care about keeping the chrome intact, I added material to the front and back to match the fender.
DSC05768.jpg

Wish I had taken more pics of the fabrication, or maybe I want to keep a few secrets..... End Result:
DSC05772.jpg