Down for a while

henrys

Street Tracker
I made a jump out of an old WWII DC3 a few weekends ago and boy that door is small. I caught my pinky finger on the way out (diving). Long story short I shattered my pinky into 4 pieces. I just had pins put in. Sadly its gunna take 10-12 weeks to heal. Should be good for prime riding weather though. :up:

Attachments

• finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dc3.jpg
    dc3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Hope you didn't hurt that lovely old warrior of a DC-3, one of my favorite jump aircraft, I've got over a thousand hours lugging jumpers up to altitude in those aircraft, not to mention several over water flights to the south of Florida and back, don't ask...

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
My Granddad jumped out of one of those old buckets into Normandy. Went up there a couple of weeks ago and saw a great one at the Merville Battery called the SNAFU Special.

Attachments

• IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0

henrys

Street Tracker
Real cool Koi! It was a hell of an experience jumping out of the DC3. My grandfather was a WWII paratrooper and died from a gunshot to the lung in the korean war. So it was very emotional for me being in there. It was totally my fault on the finger break but I have to wonder if grandpa was fucking with me lol :p

strokerlmt

My father flew the DC3 and said it was one of the most reliable indestructable planes ever built.
LMT
ouch....bet the pinker throbbed a little on the float down ;-)) men up.

henrys

Street Tracker
Yeah my adrenalin was pumping real hard so I didn't know how bad it was until my chute came out and I grabbed the toggles.. hurt like a mofo. Thankfully I had a smooth landing though.

Some of those planes that flew the hump (himalayas) in WW-II had magnesium engine cowls (for weight savings), that caught fire easily. That is what caused the crash that killed Ricky Nelson, according to a documentary I watched a few years ago.

Still, it's a great plane, wish I could afford one!!!!!