Hi tech answer to simple issue

rodburner

Rocker
My return to the world of twin shocks has made it possible for me move into untried territory,at least for me. Because I have rewired my bike yet again for its new life,I was able to delete even more electrical stuff and still have most of the basics.But because I junked the headlight bypass function while starting,I had to source out a new low draw light. And you all know my affinity for truck lighting on the Bonnie,so I leaned that way again. I'll have to build a small housing,but this little hummer ought to fill the bill nicely.
http://www.grote.com/new/000170.html
My new harness has 6 wires going forward and about 10 or so going down and back,with 5 of those from the R/R. Of course the new LED headlight isn't hi/low,but one of my spare Kuryakyn modules should correct that oversight if I think its necessary. I don't ride at night,so I'll probably be ok.
You can see my R/R and A123 battery box under the front of the swingarm
Picture1626.jpg

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
I'd love to extend my swingarm.

I liked the look of the extended arm,and of course it was mandatory with the mono shock,but the new stock length one will do for now. It only costs about sixty bucks,a couple hours and a longer chain to stretch it anywhere up to three inches.

strokerlmt

I liked the look of the extended arm,and of course it was mandatory with the mono shock,but the new stock length one will do for now. It only costs about sixty bucks,a couple hours and a longer chain to stretch it anywhere up to three inches.

RB....I have been looking at some street tracker frames with a mono shock and they look pretty cool.
Glad you are beating up the Bonneville again. She takes a beatin and keeps on tickin.
LMT

Craigore

TT Racer

Oh I see now how you just moved the shock mounts forward- thought it was still extended. my bad. Now, how much would you charge to do the same to mine? haha

rodburner

Rocker
This whole rear end is new. The upper shock mounts are stock,but 2 inches forward and about an inch closer to the ground. Those shocks are Thrux length Progressives.The frame itself is triangulated and braced 1-1/4" .120 wall DOM tubing and the center bar is 1"DOM. The ground clearance is not too bad,but the seat will be about 1-1/2" to 2 inches lower.I'll make a new fiberglass seat pan and seat after I cut off the tank flange and mount it,which will get done after I make a new exhaust system,this weekend. Going back to work has really cut into my build time,but a $4/hr raise,company truck and shorter hours was tough to pass up.
Picture1632.jpg

and the head light in its new home..
Picture1630.jpg

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
RB your bike is the most beautiful Frankenstein lookin choped to hell beast of a Bonnie ever. Keep up the good work. I love the new angle forward leaning angle of the rear shocks, I've always thought the OEM position was too vertical looking.

Craigore

TT Racer
Did you make the tail yourself? Looks great, way better than just hacking stock past the shock mounts.

ps- why wouldn't you just weld a cross brace and find a way to rubber mount that tank without hacking it up?