Cleaning engine parts

strokerlmt

Try it and let me know if it melts the alloy off:lol3:

Shit I don't know....all i know is easy off is nasty shit

LMT

phil

Street Tracker
that stuff made by GUNK seems to work quite well. You need to rinse it really good , other wise it will leave a white film. I think its just called engine cleaner and it comes out like a gel. good luck with your cleaning.

nohawk

Rocker
I just did it this weekend. It was a ford 300ci six in a f150 and it worked good, Im not sure about using it on my 955i head. The machine shop told me theyd charge less money if I brought it to them clean.Maybe Easyoff and the Gunk stuff is the same?

fender

Street Tracker
I've used easy off in the past to remove paint from plastic models. Spray it on cover so the fumes remain and after the paint begins to lift wash it off. It worked well so I would use it with caution on any surface where the paint wasn't baked on. Not sure how it would effect other surfaces.

The owner of a local bike store swears by White Lightning Clean Streak Dry Degreaser. He uses it on both his bicycles and his motorcycle. I just bought a can and will be trying it this weekend and will report back.

I have no experience with it, but I've heard horror stories about using oven cleaner on aluminum engines, something about it turns the engine a shade of white.

I've used automotive grade simple green combined with elbow grease and a bigass wheel brush with good results.

Also, electric parts cleaner (in an aerosol can) works well. Brake parts cleaner too, but that shit is crazy toxic. BTW: NEVER EVER EVER use Brake Parts cleaner on any part you will weld soon. The gasses, when heated by welding, can kill you instantly.

MES

750cc
I have no experience with it, but I've heard horror stories about using oven cleaner on aluminum engines, something about it turns the engine a shade of white.
yes
don't use it.

I use CRC brakCleen red can
the
green can is hella gnarly

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I had a friend use it on some engine parts and it didn't turn out good. Spent more time having to get the white chaulk out then cleaning took.

Good Brake Clean, and simple Green with of course some of that Elbow Grease is still the best way to do it.